Background

Monday, September 19, 2011

I Was Sleeping, And Then I Woke Up...

There you have it. My day so far.  I know you've all been dying of curiosity.  I can hear it now.  Your brains humming to the tune of "what is Alex doing RIGHT THIS SECOND." Just kidding.  But if that just so happens to be what's going on inside your brain, that's it. I woke up.  I sat on the couch.  I ate some saltine toffee.  And I opened my computer.  The end.  The mystery is a mystery no more.

Chad and I had a pretty great weekend.  Excuse me while I try to remember it.

Ah, yes. Saturday, we ran errands, pretty much.  Grocery shopping. Yadda yadda. BUT, we also had a pillow fight.  I won.  We had been using the little square pillows on the couch, and Chad thought it would be a good idea to throw me on the bed and walk away, as if that would silence my reign of terror.  Absolutely not.  Was he unaware that there was bigger and badder ammo on our bed?  Silly Chad.  He wont made THAT mistake again... soon.  But yes, I won.  Big time.

Then I got a big boo boo on my finger later that night, and we didn't have and band-aids!  Chad, without question or needing to be asked, grabbed his keys and got in the car and went and bought a first aid kit, complete with Kit-Kats.  Could he be any cooler?!  I don't think so.  I daresay I like my husband.

Then Sunday came around.  Church was awesome.  We love our new ward.  Chad is making friends faster than me though.  You know how I know? Because.  Yesterday, we went to drive Julia home, (that part comes later) and he waved at a guy.  But he didn't just wave.  He did the "nod".  And you know what?  The guy waved back.  Also complete with the "nod".  Seriously, best friends if I ever saw it.  How can  this come from the guy that said four words to me the first time we went out?!  It's not not okay.  I think maybe I'll stop talking.  Maybe you catch more flies that way, if you catch my drift.  Only I don't like flies...

Anyway, we came home and started cooking a delicious spaghetti dinner!  We invited Chad's sister Julia over for the evening, and it was pretty much going to be awesome.  We also enjoyed my bread sticks, which were delicious on top and so so on the bottom.  I pretended to like them though.  Just so everybody else would pretend they liked them.

We got to Skype the Eddington fam fam!  We all seemed to enjoy eachother's e-company.  Especially papa Eddington, when the stories involved his son... and gas.

Then Chad and I started yawning.  Julia was laughing at us.

And so we talked and talked and then we all got in the car to take Julia home.  The "nod" occurred.  We dropped Julia off and went home and Chad ate cocoa puffs.  He's coo coo, you know.

That was our weekend.  Riveting, I know.  If you want a piece of the action, come move in for the small price of only seven hundred dollars a month! I know it's more than we pay per month, but you get furniture.  And food.  And a room to yourself. I don't even get that!  Plus, we'll even give you the nice comfy floor to sleep on.  Best deal in town.  This is the only place you get to live with awesome itself.

Anyway.  I'm going to go eat some more saltine toffee.

Okay, bye.

1 comment:

  1. I would move in! But I have no money. Or car to get there. Oh and I think I´m in Peru. So it might difficult.

    Anyway, this sounds like a great weekend! And I hope I get to meet Chad at some point, because he must be a pretty great guy to marry my coolest 5th cousin.

    ReplyDelete