Background

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

It was the onions.

I had no idea that onions had such a horrible effect on me.  Not eating them, of course.  Cutting them.  Even before I cut the onions I was feeling teary eyed.  Seriously.  Days before.

Okay, maybe it's not the onions.  But whatever it is, it's got me spouting all sorts of... "emotions"... everywhere.  Crying seems to be the go-to.  But why?  I. Don't. Know.

A few days ago I cried because I cut my finger.  Because it hurt?  No.  I couldn't feel a thing.  More or less because I suppose I felt rather sheepish.  Chad never cuts his finger.  So I laid in bed and made a fool out of my sheepish self.  Cry, cry, cry.  I sucked it up eventually.  But Chad still won't let me around any sharp objects...

Then came Sunday.  Things were going pretty well, I suppose.  Then I got ready for church.  The dress I had but on was ever so slightly too short.  Oh, it's fine! I said. It's just getting caught! My faulty attempts to pull it down ended with me in our room, looking through my closet, still holding tight to my cool.

I put tights on: Run.

It's fine. I didn't really want to wear them anyway. And I put them away. I opted for a completely different outfit.  Complete with a white shirt. Problem is, I don't own any white tank tops.  Needless to say, I looked a tad silly with a black one, and it proved to be too much when even Chad noticed.

"I can see through your shirt a little bit."

I threw myself on the bed, and do you know what I did?  Cried.  Go without me!  I pleaded, as if my will to live had all but been swiped out from under me.

I know what you're wondering. Did Alex find an outfit?!  Well, yes.  I did.

Moral of the story?  I'm not really sure.  Perhaps it has to do with us all needed a good cry every 24 hours.  Perhaps there isn't one.  Either way, my husband rules.  Know why?  He didn't laugh at all until I was DONE crying.  At that point, I'd realize how ridiculous I was being and laugh along.

Anyway, thought I'd share that little nugget with you.  Until further notice, I'd stay away from onions.  Don't even think about them..

Onions.

3 comments:

  1. The first couple of months of marriage do that to you! :) I cried a lot too. You need to come and borrow some of my skinny clothes..... Since I'm destined for big things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose that could be it. Maybe I can cut onions again. And we kind of want to come down for conference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ye ma'am! Though you would have to sleep on sleeping bags!

    ReplyDelete